Andalucían Photo Adventures 2014
where the extraordinary is the ordinary
Andalucía is a land of superlatives, it simply overflows with spectacular wildlife, breathtakingly stunning landscapes, dramatic climatic conditions and culture the likes of nowhere else in Europe, it is simply, stunning! With many impressive serrated mountain ranges including those of the Sierra de Las Nieves, Sierra de Grazalema, Los Reales de Sierra Bermeja and Sierra Nevada. It boasts the location of Europe's only desert the Desierto de Tabernas in the province of Almeria and the world's most colourful and toxic river, the truly magnificent Rio Tinto. One of the world's greatest bird migrations is visible each spring and autumn above the Strait of Gibraltar, when tens of thousands of raptors and passerines pass overhead and provides truly outstanding photographic opportunities. Andalucía is the world stronghold for the Griffon Vulture, Firecrest and Crested Tit and is unquestionably Europe's biodiverse hotspot with more species of flora and fauna occurring than anywhere else on the continent.
Our base in the Serranía de Ronda presents an amazing historical legacy as well as a precious natural heritage. It possesses rich and varied ecosystems and astonishing geological formations with arguably the best example of colliding tectonic plates anywhere in the world at Montejaque. The vast forest of Los Alcornocales is the last remaining Mediterranean rainforest; the Serra de Las Nieves, Los Reales de Sierra Bermeja and Sierra de Grazalema is where the world's rarest pine tree species the emblematic Abies pinsapo thrives due to the exceptional rainfall regime. The Serranía de Ronda has a long history of human occupation including the remarkable cave paintings at the Pileta Cave.
world-class photo opportunities abound
We invite you to share your passion for nature, photography, culture and adventure with us and experience Andalucía, experience Wild Spain. Where the extraordinary is the ordinary and where we share our experiences.
booking form and itinerary
To request a booking form and detailed itinerary please call the office on (0034) 627 242 417 or email.
an enterprising business proposition
Anyone who organises a group of 6 participants will be offered a free place including a return flight from any UK or EU airport to Malaga Airport.
andalucían landscape photo tours 2014
- 5-12 April 2014
- 16-23 May 2014
- 8-15 November 2014
- 19-26 November 2014
- Los Reales de Sierra Bermeja
- Sierra de Grazalema
- Los Alcornocales
- El Torcal de Antequera
cost ~ 1450€
deposit ~ 250€
group size ~ maximum 6 participants plus Geoff (tour leader)
andalucían wildlife and nature photo tours 2014
- 14-21 March 2014 ~ Wildlife of Spain as outlined below.
- 30 May - 6 June 2014 ~ Ultimate Orchids & Wildflowers (nature photography).
- 9-16 June 2014 ~ Butterflies of Andalucía (nature photography).
- 23-30 June 2014 ~ Bee-eaters, butterflies and nature photography.
- 22-29 September 2014 ~ Wildlife of Spain as outlined below.
- Iberian Wolf (captive ~ in the largest natural compound in Europe)
- Spanish Ibex
- Alpine Accentor, Rock Bunting, Sub-Alpine Warbler, Nightingale, Crested Tit, Rock Thrush, Blue Rock Thrush and Firecrest
- Bonelli's Eagle, Short-toed Eagle, Booted Eagle, Black Kite, Honey Buzzard and Black-winged Kite, Lesser Kestrel, Alpine Swift, Chough
- Bee-eater (working from dome hides) and Europe's rarest regularly breeding bird, the Little Swift (Europe's rarest breeding bird)
- Griffon Vulture (working from permanent hides in the Serrania de Ronda the world's stronghold for the species)
- Barbary Macaque (Gibraltar)
- European Chameleon
- Snub-nosed Viper
- Stripeless Tree Frog
- Fire Salamander
cost ~ 1450€
deposit ~ 250€
group size ~ maximum 6 participants plus Geoff (tour leader)
protecting our clients
Andalucían Photo Adventures complies with the Package Travel Regulations Act of 1993, thus providing financial protection for all tours. We would not expect you to trade with us or any tour operator without it.
traditional Spanish finca accommodation
Our accommodation is the delightful traditional Spanish finca located in the Serrania de Ronda.
A large buffet breakfast and 3-course evening meal, large relaxing swimming pool and with traditional Spanish style courtyard and superior decor throughout. A comprehensive English and Spanish natural history library, a meeting room with internet and Wi-Fi throughout. There could be no more idyllic place to relax after a fabulous day in the field. All meals and transportation throughout including airport transfers to and from Malaga Airport are included. (no single room supplement).
We also have quality self-catering accommodation available, for further details please call the office or email
griffon vulture hide for hire
Our purpose built wooden hide for Griffon vulture photography is located in the Valle del Guadiaro, Andalucía. Accommodating up to 3 photographers, the hide is available at a daily rate of just 125€ per photographer. For those booking the vulture hide, a carcass will be made available each day, where you can expect between eighty or more individual birds in the vicinity of the hide, after all the Serranía de Ronda is the world stronghold for the Griffon Vulture. To book either hide please email or call the office. We can recommend accommodation nearby suit all requirements.
want to dramatically improve your photography?
private instruction for the discerning photographer
- 350€ 1-to-1 plus 100€ for each additional participant thereafter (8-hours)
- 450€ 1-to-1 plus 135€ for each additional participant thereafter (dusk till dawn)
Learn from one of the best professional photographers and proven tutors in the business and the person who along with American professional photographer Charles Glatzer, brought this format of tuition to the wildlife and landscape photography world in 2000. A tuition format specifically designed for discerning photographers of all abilities and from all walks of life. All one-to-one field-based tuition days are held in the stunningly beautiful Serranía de Ronda and confirmed by arrangement. Each day is customised to your exact needs and requirements and as one would expect only the highest standard of tuition in order to fast track your photographic skill set, creative vision and leave you feeling inspired.
topics covered but not limited to
- composition and design
- creating images with impact
- understanding the attributes of light
- understanding auto and manual exposure
- exposure in difficult light conditions
- creating atmosphere
- nature and landscape field practices
- wildlife photography techniques and field craft
- macro techniques
- portfolio analysis and review pre and post tuition day
how to confirm a booking
To confirm a booking please call the office or email to discuss your requirements and availability. A booking form will be emailed outlining your specific one-to-one tuition day itinerary.
Attractively designed gift vouchers are available for all tours and make an ideal present.
Geoff's workshop credentials
- Professional photographer since 2000 and international multi-award recipient ~ British Wildlife Photography Awards, Nature's Best ~ Windland Smith Rice International Awards ~ International Wildbird Photographer of the Year.
- The photography course tutor for 4-years (2004-2008) at the Peak District National Park Field Study Centre at Losehill Hall Environmental Study Centre, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, England.
- The National Trusts appointed deer photography guide at Lyme Park, Cheshire.
- By invitation Geoff has led numerous field trips for students attending the BA (Hons) Degree in Wildlife Photography at the Blackpool & Fylde College.
- By invitation Geoff led a field workshop for the marketing director and staff of Páramo Ltd.
- Tuition standards approved by the Welsh Assembly Government.
"Wild Andaucia" - what an understatement! It had always been a dream of mine to visit Andalucia and so for my 50th I decided to treat myself. I contacted Geoff Simpson, and the tour was all systems go! When I finally arrived home amazed to say that the tour far exceeded all expectations. Geoff put an amazing photo tour together, with highlights including the hundreds of Griffon Vultures decending from out of nowhere on to a carcass and photographing the chameleon catching a preying mantis. The sheer beauty of the area, the mountains and an incredible amount of birdlife Wow!The tour took place in early to mid-May 2013 and today, when looking back at the thousands of photos taken, I am still thrilled that a dream of mine was accomplished, and the fact that even I was able to take some amazing photographs. Both of which I would not have been able to do without Geoff's assistance. Thanks again. I will be returning."
Greg Anderson, Madison, Nebraska, USA ~ May, 2013.
"Hi Geoff. Many thanks for a wonderful workshop. There is so much to remember, it is so evident that you love what you do...how wonderful that your passion and work coincide and culminate in such perfection! Your images as I remember you refer to them as, are mind blowing....just so evocative. I hope someday to capture a fraction of what you do? I really hope to tour with you again soon...I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else."
Molly Scholten, Noordoostpolder, Netherlands ~ April, 2013
The standard of photographic tuition was without a doubt, the best I’ve ever had. Geoff's simple approach backed by his irrefutable credentials was exceptionally motivational and his format is very effective. The reviews being done on images straight out of the camera in an anonymous format takes away the angst of waiting for your processed contribution to be "judged".
Andrew Bishop, Thirsk, Yorkshire, England ~ April, 2013.